I made compilation photos with labels for each of my classes and kept them in a binder that I kept with my books. This way, I could call on students directly and learn their names faster. You can also use a camera in the classroom to record lessons that students may have missed. In Thailand, for example, schedules are always changing and there will be times half your class is absent for one reason or another. For example, almost all of the boys in 10th, 11th and 12th grade missed my Wednesday afternoon classes for mandatory military training.
If you record yourself giving the lesson before the students break off to work, you can send the file to the absent students and let them get caught up.
Step out of the Dark Ages and Start Teaching English with Technology
Especially for those teaching in primary school, using dance time as a reward for good behavior is an excellent strategy. My students even used to dance to the intro music of conversational listening activities from the book. I also used speakers for certain learning activities, like listening to chapters of audiobooks or songs that related to whatever we were working on.
- Mormon Faith in America.
- State Sovereignty and Intervention: A Discourse Analysis of Interventionary and Non-Interventionary Practices in Kosovo and Algeria (New International Relations)?
- Measurement Error and Misclassification in Statistics and Epidemiology: Impacts and Bayesian Adjustments (Chapman & Hall/CRC Interdisciplinary Statistics).
- 12 Incredible Ideas for Using Technology to Teach English Language Learners.
- The Wolf.
- The Daily Book of Positive Quotations.
Depending on how your school works, you might be traveling to different classrooms to teach various levels and ages of English. From grading spreadsheets and class pictures to lesson plan notes and slideshows, everything you need to run a successful class should be easily accessible.
- Use of technology in ESL teaching | TeachingEnglish | British Council | BBC.
- 12 Incredible Ideas for Using Technology to Teach English Language Learners – Teacher Reboot Camp.
- Carson: The Man Who Divided Ireland!
- Christian Nation.
- See a Problem?.
- Equipping ourselves because we love our learners!.
Additionally, having a flash drive handy makes sharing lesson plans and materials with other teachers a breeze. This is entirely based on the technology your school has readily available, but being able to project a computer screen on the board provides a litany of benefits, whether a desktop computer is connected to a projector or you have an HDMI cord to hook up your laptop. You can find out more information about the individual cookies we use and how we use them below:. ELC Level Guide.
- How to Teach English With Technology | Educational Technology | Language Education.
- Technology in the classroom - infographic.
- High-tech Tools for Every Type of English Classroom.
- 10 Modern Ways to Use Technology in ESL Instruction.
Start date:. End date:.
Does technology get in the way of good, solid teaching?
Virtual Community of Learners
Teaching English with Technology: an Introduction. - ppt download
How do I manage cookies? You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links: Chrome Firefox Opera Internet Explorer Safari Microsoft Edge If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. ELC Brighton. ELC Level. Level Aims. C2 Upper-advanced. C1 Advanced. B2 Upper-intermediate. B1 Intermediate.